Sunday, April 26, 2015

Kid's Clothes Week: April 2015 - Day 7

Yay! It is the last day of KCW. I am quite proud that I managed to complete this challenge successfully this year :). Though it was a bit stressful, I am happy that Sweet now has new clothes that she can wear in the coming weeks (when the weather turns around, sigh!).


So here is Oliver + S reversible bucket hat in size M. I measured her head and it turned out to be 19". Nevertheless I went ahead and sewed up the medium (as usual) thinking that if not now, she can wear it next year. It turned out pretty good. 

The outer fabric is from Hancock's. The lining is a white broadcloth. I followed the tutorial in this blog post. It turned out to be quite easy as long as I aligned the notches and used lots of pins!




The one thing to watch out for, though, is once you fuse the medium weight interface to the brim, you'd need to stretch the fabric a little to align with the rest of the hat.

I took me about 2 hours to sew up this hat! But I am happy Sweet is covered (pun, get it?! he he) for the entire summer.




This wraps up my contribution to KCW April 2015. I loved this challenge and hope to do it again in future!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Hearty Hydrangeas blog! I welcome your feedback.