Monday, April 20, 2015

Kid's Clothes Week: April 2015 - Day 1

Yay! I am all set to participate in KCW this year. I had planned on doing this last summer but couldn't because of an overseas trip.






Spring is in full swing here in Midwest. We have embraced it with this cute little floral tunic. Though the theme is "Wild things", I hope this tunic with "Wild Flowers" will count :) :).

I had 1/2 yard of this fabric which I had purchased from Hancock's last year for making doll clothes. But I decided to make a tunic for my 3-year old daughter instead.

The pattern is self-drafted. I traced around a RTW sweater and just extended it lengthwise.






It was a quick sew. I made a bias tape out of a purple polka-dot fabric and used it for the neckline and bottom of the sleeves. I love how it adds a nice contrast!

Of course Sweet wanted to try it on right away. It is perfect as the weather is a bit chilly today!


So that is my first contribution for KCW 2015.

Now that I've made this for Sweet, I will sew something for Heart tomorrow! Of course it has to have animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Hearty Hydrangeas blog! I welcome your feedback.