Monday, March 3, 2014

Peasant dress

Peasant tops and dresses are so easy to put together (after pillowcase dresses, of course). Ideal project for  beginners - the only notion you'd need is elastic! I love the fact that there is room for infusing my creativity. My toddler loves the comfortable fit and the ease of putting on (great for young ones learning to dress on their own). I found an awesome tutorial and FREE pattern at Fabric.com - Marilyn's Slim Fit Peasant Dress and Top by Creative Kids Couture.

Here are the tops and dresses I'd made with this pattern last year:


 


Size: 18 months
Fabric: Michael Miller White Dancing Dragonflies (0.5 yard) from Crafter's Vision






Size: 2T
Fabric: from Hancock's (0.5 yard)
(As you can see, this one was much loved).








Size: 3T
Fabric: Denyse Schmidt - Flee Market Fancy Legacy Collection: 
Bouquet Turquoise (0.5 yards) and Grey Eyelet (< 0.5 yard) Fabric.com
(This was meant to be for winter(!) but I released it early in Fall) 





Size: 2T
Fabric: Robert Kaufman – Urban Zoologie Bermuda Birdies (0.5 yard) Crafter's Vision 



And last but certainly not the least: introducing the perfect dress for picking apples and chasing butterflies!





Size: 2T
Fabric: Body - Riley Blake Apple of My Eye Blue Basket (0.5 yard); 
Sleeves and side panels of the skirt - Michael Miller Meadowsweet Maize Butterfly (< 0.5 yard). Thequiltedcastle.com
Waist band - red polka dot fabric (Hancock's)
Bottom hem - red ruffle trim (Hobby Lobby)


I especially enjoyed sewing the last one, which was also the most challenging. I only used the pattern for measurements (sleeve and body length and width). I envisioned the style in my head, translated it into a rough sketch on paper and then put together the fabrics based on it. The end result was this beautiful dress!! :)) It was a lot of fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Hearty Hydrangeas blog! I welcome your feedback.