Thursday, May 7, 2015

Easy Ruffled Scarf - Mother's day gift idea

Although one should celebrate their mom every day, this weekend gives us a special opportunity to express our love for her.





This beautiful scarf is one of the many things you can make for your mom (and yourself) :). It looks complicated. But trust me, this project is perfect for beginners (you don't need any crochet skills; even a kid can do this!). 

The secret is to use the ruffle yarn. There are a few kinds available out there. I used the Starbella yarn in Plum Preserves. I absolutely love this colorway! There are many useful tutorials on youtube. You can use any size crochet hook you want. 

I must warn you that it gets very addictive! You may not stop with just one scarf :). 



Me and Sweet!

In fact one of our friends loved mine so much that I used the remaining skein to make her one as well!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Hearty Hydrangeas blog! I welcome your feedback.