Thursday, April 17, 2014

Spring Dresses

Spring has been playing peek-a-boo with us here in the Midwest. Some days are super nice while others are quite chilly. Regardless of the weather this time of the year is highly anticipated by the crafting community. Craft supplies are on sale, craftsy classes are on sale, fabrics are on sale... you get my drift. 

 

As my way of welcoming this season, I put together this Purplicious Dress for Sweet. The main fabric is from Walmart. Adding a nice contrast to it is the deep purple fabric from Hancocks. The pattern for the bodice is self-drafted. The skirt is just a piece of rectangle gathered at the top. I just drew up the flutter sleeves.



Doesn't it look pretty in the natural light? I usually use a hook for my back closures. It is so quick and easy for me.

Last Summer I had made a similar dress minus the bottom ruffles for Sweet to wear for strawberry picking. She looked like a strawberry princess muching on the berries :). This is also a self-drafted pattern. I just love this fabric! It is Strawberry Tea Party Blossom Berries in pink by Michael Miller. I got it from fabric.com. 


Note to self: Scan the pattern (18 months - 2T) and upload it soon!

Things have been so busy that I missed the KCW Spring 2014! But I am all geared up to join the one in summer!

Linking this post to Sew Darn Crafty linky party!! My first linky party! Yay!



Anyway, hope you are enjoying the beautiful flowers in the neighborhood! I just love the pink magnolia, cherry blossoms and the colorful bulbs that are in the bloom!! 

Be Well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Hearty Hydrangeas blog! I welcome your feedback.