Saturday, April 13, 2013

Hello World!!

I am blessed to have a wonderful family. My children inspire me to try new things every day.Thanks to them I get to wear several caps simultaneously!




Ever since I had Sweet, I'd been wanting to make baby clothes. I had learned stitching (by hand) during middle school and that was pretty much it. I remember being good at it back then. So, as crazy as it may sound, I hand-stitched a pillowcase dress for Sweet over a span of four days (working during the baby naps)! The success of the project made me think about investing in a sewing machine. After all machines are supposed to make our lives easier! I attended a beginner sewing class at a local fabric shop. Motivated by my husband, I finally bought my first Brother in December of last year. My husband got me a sewing table with storage and set up a place for me far from Sweet's reach.

The first project with the machine was an easy pj for boys. Heart loved it very much and declared it to be "the most comfortable and best pajama pant ever" !! Did I mention that my family is very very supportive of all my experiments?! ;)

Thanks to the wonderful blogs out there, I can now confidently make pajama pants (made one for hubby for valentines), elastic waist skirts and simple dresses for Sweet.

I haven't ventured into the patterns arena yet. I'd love to sew dresses for myself some day ;) (although I tried one without patterns and the result is best left unsaid).

This blog will help me to document my projects and will serve as a log book for future reference. I know I am not alone on the WWW. So if you are interested in knowing more about my posts, feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Hearty Hydrangeas blog! I welcome your feedback.